The analyst and commentator about rock and metal of metalsucks.net Vince Neilstein's talk about the Top 15 metal albums of the year. According to Vince the
BABYMETAL debut album is the best metal album of the year!
BABYMETAL, metal album of the year according to Metal Sucks
Below the main post of Vince Neilstein about his Top 15 Metal Albums of the year. BABYMETAL debut album reached the #1.
"The truth about me and 2014 is that I probably listened to the new Royksopp + Robyn EP, Future Islands‘ dance-along instant classic Singles and 2013’s stunning Wintergatan opus more than anything else, my #1 pick excepted. Such is the life of a jaded metal asshole who gets 100+ promo emails of METAL pumped into his inbox every day.
But 2014 was a fantastic year for metal nonetheless! Established acts and up-and-comers alike put out a bevy of great records, although naturally I tend to gravitate towards the latter. Here’s my list of albums, assembled in a loosely significant order, that meant something to me this year."
1. Babymetal – Babymetal (Amuse Inc. / Toy’s Factory Inc.)
"A complete game-changer, and the de facto most-argued about album of the year. Sure, the cute Japanese teenage girl angle is great — and hella entertaining — but it wouldn’t mean anything if the band members weren’t masters of their instruments who write perfect songs. Every track is catchy from beginning to end, and the bizarre presentation makes it impossible to look away. Call me a pedo, call me a troll, but the fact is that I don’t think I listened to any album more in 2014, and there was no band I was more anxious to share with friends both metal and non-metal alike. Sometimes metal needs to be fun, and Babymetal are all about it.
The rest of the list continuos with:
15. Tombs – Savage Gold (Relapse),
14. Exmortus – Slave to the Sword (Prosthetic),
13. Machine Head – Bloodstones & Diamonds (Nuclear Blast),
12. Allegaeon – Elements of the Infinite (Metal Blade),
11. Truckfighters – Universe (Fuzzorama),
10. Destrage – Are You Kidding Me? No. (Metal Blade),
9. The Intersphere – Relations in the Unseen (Long Branch),
8. Opeth – Pale Communion (Roadrunner).
7. Revocation – Deathless (Revocation),
6. Black Crown Initiate – The Wreckage of Stars (eOne),
5. The Contortionist – Language (eOne),
4. Fallujah – The Flesh Prevails (Unique Leader),
3. At the Gates – At War with Reality (Century Media),
2. Devin Townsend Project – Z2: Sky Blue (InsideOut).